Contents Restoration and Inventory after a Storm Event
SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County Professionals specialize in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County Professionals can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
When Storms or Floods Hit in Dutchess County
SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Dutchess County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Disaster Recovery Team
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today at (845)-635-4550
Getting Your Dutchess County Home or Business Organized? Give us a Call!
SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County is ready for anything, and with the weather getting warmer and the kids getting ready to finish school, that must mean summer is right around the corner!
Summer is the best time to get your house organized. You'll have the extra daylight that you've been needing to get started!
Finding the job to be a little more than you can handle? Need that extra bit of clean before your next big event? Don't sweat it! Our highly trained technicians are prepared to handle any situation from standard carpet or upholstery cleanings, to duct cleanings and everything in between. Just give SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County a call, 24/7/365 at (845)-635-4550 to find out how our teams can help!
Tips for after a Fire.
Fires can be especially devastating to your home or business. After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely suffer from not only fire and smoke damage, but also widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County Professionals have specialized fire and water damage restoration training and experience to quickly clean up and restore your home to pre-fire condition. They also can remove the pervasive smoke odor and deep-clean soot from upholstery and carpet.
The Fire Damage Restoration Process
SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County Professionals know just how devastating a fire can be. Fire and water damage can leave your house unsafe and unlivable. They’re trained to clean and restore your home with as little disruption as possible.
Mold Removal or Remediation?
Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy.
A qualified restoration company understands the science behind mold and mold growth. SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County Professionals have the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business. Mold remediation focuses on getting mold levels back to normal, natural levels.
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same.
- Step 1: Call SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County at 845-635-4550
- Step 2: Have one of our highly trained estimators come out for and inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Step 3: Call your local NYS licensed Mold Assessor and get a protocol for remediation.
- Step 4: Mold Containment
- Step 5: Air Filtration
- Step 6: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Step 7: Cleaning Contents and Belongings
- Step 8: Restoration
Signs of Mold? Call Today 845-635-4550
Understanding Mold In Your Dutchess County Home
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause other health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Basement Flooding? Call SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County Today!
Too many homeowners have gone down their basement steps to find a pool of murky water. Water follows the path of least resistance, finding cracks and holes through basement walls. Flooding can often be attributed to insufficient drainage around basement walls, heavy rains, a faulty sump pump, or a combination of these factors.
SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County Professionals are highly trained in water damage restoration including basement and crawlspace flooding. They have the experience, expertise, and equipment to remove the water and dry your basement properly. Their water removal and drying process emphasizes monitoring and documentation to validate your property is dry.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Water Damage Restoration Specialists
- Locally Owned and Operated
Basement Flooding? Call Us Today 845-635-4550
Frozen Pipes. What do they mean for your Dutchess County Home.
Extreme cold weather can cause pipes to freeze and burst. In general, pipes are more likely to freeze when the temperature is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. This can occur a lot during the winters here in the Hudson Valley. The resulting water damage can be extensive. Outdoor pipes and pipes in unheated areas of the home can freeze if they are not properly insulated or if temperatures are severely cold. SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County Professionals can quickly and safely repair water damage caused by frozen pipes.
Outdoor pipes most likely to freeze include:
- Outdoor hose bibs
- Swimming pool supply lines
- Water sprinkler lines
Pipes in unheated or partially heated areas are also at risk of freezing, including:
- Crawl spaces
Call us today at 845-635-4550!
Commercial Carpet Cleanings. How Can We Help?
Professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County Professionals will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call us today at 845-635-4550.
Your Contents after a Fire.
SERVPRO of NW and SE Dutchess County technicians specialize in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items can be restored to pre-fire condition.
We use several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
Call us today to see how we can help you! 845-635-4550