How does SERVPRO Contain Hazards during Flood Damage Remediation?
Let SERVPRO assist you with your safe flood damage remediation in Poughkeepsie.
Poughkeepsie Homeowners Need Safe Flood Damage Remediation
No one likes to think of contaminants entering their Poughkeepsie home, but unfortunately, sometimes it is unavoidable after a severe storm. Thankfully SERVPRO is on hand to take care of the problem hygienically and safely.
Flood damage in your Poughkeepsie home carries with it a risk of contamination by all kinds of nasties, including:
- Chemicals such as pesticides
- Dangerous building materials such as asbestos
- Human or animal waste or carcasses
Biohazards such as bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungus
Keeping you and your family safe from pollutants and creating a safe working environment are our top priorities when attending a flood damage situation. We make sure the area is secure, our workers are well-equipped, and you understand what we are doing, and what will happen next.
Why is time so important when handling the contaminant risk?
We measure water by category:
- Category 1 water is clean with no contaminants, such as water from a cold faucet
- Category 2 water has some contaminants, such as dishwasher chemicals, or water from a heating system
- Category 3 water is the most hazardous and might contain pathogens, microbes, and human waste
Floodwater from rivers, the ocean, or an overflowing sewage inlet is always counted as category three, and many storm incidents cause category three flooding.
If water is left standing, the category can deteriorate. Category two water can become category three water as microbes multiply and grow. A longer time also increases the risk of mold growth. That is why We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster – our team will be with you within four hours after you call and notify us of a flood damage situation.
What safety training and equipment do our technicians have?
All SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County staff receives comprehensive training. We train our people to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards. The IICRC provides national standards for all aspects of remediation, including flood damage.
We equip our teams with all the equipment they need to work safely, including aprons, gloves, hard hats, steel-toed boots, and breathing apparatus.
We also use antimicrobial agents to help decontaminate the area and fight microbe growth.
Biohazards are not the only concern when dealing with flood damage. SERVPRO teams also:
- Ensure there is a safe electricity supply for our equipment, and neutralize any electrical hazards
- Check there is no danger from sagging ceilings or hanging drywall
- Tarp up roofs and board up doors and windows if necessary
- Set up adequate lighting in the working area and clear it of any walkway debris
When do we use containment and how does it help?
Containment helps prevent the spread of contaminants. People often associate containment with fungal cleanup, but it is also useful for preventing the spread of bacteria and viruses. Containment also limits the number of people who are exposed to contaminants and helps us manage the airflow between clean and contaminated areas.
Source containment means wrapping contaminated materials in thick plastic sheeting and disposing of them. We use source containment for very mild situations. For mild to moderate cases, we use local containment. We construct a small area from a frame and some plastic sheeting, that is big enough for one worker to clean inside the site while bagging contaminated materials and passing them out for disposal.
In more extreme cases, we use full-scale containment. We start by setting up our main containment area. Then, depending on needs, we might add:
- A decontamination area for decontaminating SERVPRO workers and equipment, and for storing contaminated materials ready for removal
- An equipment room for storing contaminated equipment and worker’s clothes
- A clean room for storing uncontaminated equipment and clothes
- A contents cleaning room for cleaning salvageable contents
We clean and decontaminate all re-usable items between uses.
How well-sealed is the containment area?
A contamination area only works if it is properly sealed. Because most contaminants are microscopic inside, we need to seal the site to prevent the escape of tiny particles. We use thick plastic sheeting to set up our containment areas and seal every seam with thick duct tape. We also cover all windows, doors, and vents, so there are no escape routes. It is essential to switch off the HVAC, so microbes do not escape via the HVAC ducts.
We can also bring in a negative air machine to create negative air pressure inside the contained area, and make it harder for contaminated air to escape. We use tubing to evacuate the contaminated air outside the building.
You can rely on us to identify and dispose of contaminated water and materials, and clean and disinfect your home to leave it safe and healthy once more.
For safe flood damage remediation, call SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County at (845) 635-4550.
Why Do Residents Use Professional Fire Restoration Services?
SERVPRO Removes the Soot and Smoke--"Like it never even happened."
Fire Damage Restoration is a Challenging and Time-consuming Task. SERVPRO Helps Poughkeepsie Residents Overcome Soots and Smoke Deposits after Fire.
What household products are useful for fire damage?
Cleaning the appearance of your Poughkeepsie home after a house fire is a priority. Soots and smoke deposits can cause unpleasant odors or settle onto surfaces causing further damage. Introducing water at the wrong moment can harm some types of smoke soiling. However, using mild agitation on sections of a wall can help remove non-bonded dry soot deposits. Gentle agitation is often safe to carry out with household items like feather dusters, brushes, vacuum cleaners, or compressed air. By applying these directly to a surface, you can avoid further damage while mitigating and removing dry soot deposits.
What particular products remove soot?
- Dry cleaning sponges are made from rubber and can be useful on dry soots
- Mineral oil dusting clothes can attract light soot deposits
- A crumbly cleaner that is useful for painted surfaces or photos and artwork
What products do professionals use for fire restoration?
When removing dry soots from a property with fire damage in Poughkeepsie, professional fire technicians use many household products. However, for stubborn residues or stains, we may bring in more extensive and more abrasive equipment. This equipment could include sandpapers, steel wool, or abrasive powders. Often our technicians combine these items with mechanical equipment. A roto brush, for example, spins sandpaper or steel wool and can be used to buffer and polish surfaces and remove large amounts of dry smoke. SERVPRO technicians typically reserve this equipment for properties with extensive damage and soot.
What are the advantages of using agitation for soots and smoke residues?
- Time-efficient without requiring the use of chemical action
- Can effectively remove many types of soot damage
- Can be used on delicate items like artworks or photographs
If you are struggling to remove soots, dust, or smoke residues from your home, contact SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County (845) 635-4550.
What Makes Professional Fire Restoration Advisable for Poughkeepsie Homes?
Fire damage is devastating. Let the professionals of SERVPRO remediate your home. We have the knowledge and equipment to restore your home today.
Between our Fast Response and Our Experience in Restoration, our SERVPRO Team can Help Recover Poughkeepsie Homes After Fire Losses
With how traumatic fire losses can be for Poughkeepsie homes and businesses, it is a situation that property owners want to resolve as soon as possible. With so many layers of damaging effects that can exist after extinguishment, worsening conditions persist after the actual fire has been stopped. As a leading fire restoration company for Dutchess County, we can work to provide a fast and reliable response when you are ready for both evaluations of the damage and the necessary steps to restore this damage.
Fire damage restoration for Poughkeepsie homes involves numerous professionals in our roster, not only the Fire & Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT.) From cleaning technicians to odor control specialists, many qualified professionals on our SERVPRO teamwork towards making fire damage "Like it never even happened," for your residence. Choosing a comprehensive restoration approach from mitigation through build back and repair can ensure that you get back into your property faster and that the recovery is more cost-efficient.
How is SERVPRO Faster To Any Size Disaster?
Striving to be a consistently reliable restoration company in the Greater New York metropolitan area and the Hudson River Valley means a preparedness level that embodies water and fire damage concerns. With fire restoration service calls being such a constant need for the thousands of residents in Poughkeepsie, we ensure that we have several active strategies working simultaneously to reach most loss incidents within hours of the first notice of loss. Several of these include:
- Fire Chasing – This term for our professionals means staying aware of active emergencies in the city and what we might be asked to do to help. In some situations, knowledge of emergencies and conversations with insurance providers enables us to mobilize even before we get the customer's call.
- Experienced Technicians – Experience is not just knowing what to do on a job site, but also knowing how to quickly gather necessary tools, products, and devices to allow the Green Fleet to roll out faster.
- Production Vehicles at the Ready – Between our box trucks and trailers stocked with fire and water restoration equipment 24/7, we have little else that needs to get gathered up before our technicians can get boots on the ground to help your fire damage situation.
- 24/7 Staffed Emergency Lines – Speaking to real people after a crisis is comforting. However, we also staff emergency lines to ensure that we get all the pertinent information in the first conversation.
How Can SERVPRO Help with Fire Damage Claims?
A complete evaluation of your Poughkeepsie home's fire damage is information that your insurance company needs to approve damaged claims. We walk through the property with you to evaluate the origin point of the fire and catalog the current conditions. We determine what steps and processes are necessary to return the house to the preloss state during this phase. Our objectives to get claims approved quickly include:
- Job Scoping
- Damage Cataloging
- Data Collection
- Material/Content Discarding
- Photographic Evidence
- Prompt Estimations
What Tools Aid in Fast Fire Mitigation?
The mitigation of fire loss effects often focuses on removing residues and soils from surfaces and contents. Wet cleaning, such as dissolving and emulsification, can help in these regards with suitable underlying materials. Mitigation also involves cleaning the environment of circulating particles and carcinogens. We also address water damage left behind after extinguishment. Some of the necessary tools for this include:
- Air Scrubbers – Through HEPA filtration, air scrubbers can remove a bulk of circulating particles as small as 0.3 microns. These microscopic particulates get trapped in the onboard filters as air is pulled and pushed through the unit.
- Hydroxyl Generators – After a fire, simultaneously addressing multiple concerns is ideal when possible. In certain situations, hydroxyl machines can remove particles from the environment with HEPA filtration, but can also use a UV cleaning spectrum to eliminate harsh odors in open areas.
- Extractors – Because water is often the standard choice for suppression and extinguishment when structure fires escalate beyond a fire extinguisher's capabilities, standing water can become a considerable concern where fires burned the worst. Extractors like submersible pumps and wet vacuums can help to eliminate these threats and wet debris left behind.
As challenging as fire losses might initially appear, you can count on the experience and fast response of our SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County team to help. Give us a call anytime at (845) 635-4550.
What are the Effects of Water Leaks in A Home?
Don't panic when it comes to your Hyde Park water damage, call SERVPRO.
There Can be Many Risks and Effects Involved With a Water Leak in Your Hyde Park Home.
Anytime there is a significant amount of water leaking from a burst pipe or overflowing tub, there can be a considerable amount of water damage in your Hyde Park Home. Depending on the water leak's amount and location, the drywall can swell and begin to sag, and insulation may become wet. Wood structures such as particleboard, commonly used in subfloors and cupboards, can expand. Even hardwood used in flooring can absorb moisture, begin to swell and warp. Carpets can delaminate (meaning the backing pulls away from the carpet fibers.) Even electrical systems may be shorted and potentially damage electronic equipment.
SERVPRO provides water restoration services to homes and companies in the Hyde Park area. Immediate response in less than four hours can usually avoid many of the effects just mentioned. Our initial area of focus is to eliminate the water source and then assess the impact. Our team of water restoration experts can react quickly and often mitigate many of these issues by immediately installing water removal equipment, dehumidifiers, and large air movers to dry your home.
Are there Any Health Threats from a Water Leak?
Water and moisture allowed to remain for more than 24 to 48 hours often cause mold infestations. There are mold spores everywhere, and all they need is a warm moist area to begin a colony. By removing moisture in all areas of the home and the hard to reach areas under cupboards and inside walls, we can reduce the chances of damage from mold. Mold can cause health effects.
SERVPRO aims to be on-site in less than four hours. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We respond quickly and begin water restoration before extensive damage and mold colonies can become established.
Call SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County (845) 635-4550 to assist with water restoration of your home or business.
Does a Water Leak in My Restaurant Require Me to Temporarily Shut Down?
Let SERVPRO help you keep your doors open after a water leak in your Poughkeepsie restaurant.
SERVPRO Makes Repairs to Your Poughkeepsie Business Quickly to Keep You Operational
Dealing with a water leak in your Poughkeepsie restaurant is not easy and can cause a hiccup in your business. Imagine that the leak overflowed onto the dining room's hardwood flooring, you may feel like you need to shut down the restaurant indefinitely while you repair the leak and dry the floors.
Are There Low-Profile Ways To Dry the Flooring?
Injectidry Systems Dry Flooring Without Having to Lift the Wood
Water mitigation after a leak in your Poughkeepsie restaurant may require a multi-tiered approach to lose the least amount of operational time as possible. It is critical to remember the quicker you deal with any disaster; the chances are better for successful restoration. Our technicians use the injectidry system that blows warm air under flooring to facilitate the drying process.
How Can We Use Injectidry Equipment and Still Run the Restaurant?
- Low profile, thick plastic, floor drying panels lay across the impacted flooring allowing for the functionality of the floor.
- Technicians may use a silencing attachment to the system, so patrons are unable to hear load machinery noises.
- Hoses and larger equipment like the interceptor and water separator can be stored out of the way while the hoses and panels work on drying the floors effectively.
It is essential to lift items off of the floors during the cleanup and restoration process. Left unattended, items left on wet floors may sustain damage and foster mold growth. Pay careful attention to flammable items at floor level, since the injectidry system uses heat. It is as equally important to dry the floors as quickly as possible. Simply sopping up the moisture with old rags may leave hidden pockets of water beneath the vapor barrier. When our technicians use the injectidry system, they can thoroughly dry your floors, restoring them to their preloss condition.
For 24/7 assistance with a water leak, contact SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County at (845) 635-4550.
This Storm Left Our Poughkeepsie Home Flooded, How Can I Limit the Cost of Damage?
Dealing with flood damage can cause you and your family a lot of stress. Contact SERVPRO for professional remediation and mitigation services.
SERVPRO Has the Techniques to Ensure Your Poughkeepsie Home is Back to Normal with Less Secondary Flood Damage and Costs
Rain, wind, and flash flooding bring the potential for harmful water infiltration. If you want to salvage the interior of your Poughkeepsie home, DIY measures will not do. SERVPRO provides emergency response and a highly qualified team of technicians that get to work quickly to limit damage and the need for extensive restoration efforts. The sooner we can begin cleanup, the easier it becomes to limit secondary damage to your structure and your belongings.
What Happens to Soaked Furniture and Personal Items?
Working under the promise to salvage and restore rather than replace, our team addresses every item carefully when called for help with flood damage in Poughkeepsie. We test belongings and building materials to determine the level of contamination so that we know how best to proceed. Anything that gets deemed unsalvageable is first documented and then disposed of carefully and per local guidelines.
Why Do I Need Skilled Restoration?
SERVPRO features a fleet of trucks loaded with tools and equipment to allow us to remove standing flood water rapidly. A few of the top reasons we are the trusted team for cleanup when a storm emergency comes about include the following:
- Timely Response – Our team gets deployed within a few hours after you call to arrive and begin our assessment.
- Documentation – Not only do you need paperwork for your insurance claim, but we also carefully detail each step of the process for your peace of mind.
- Industrial-Grade Equipment – Rather than taking on cleanup with a wet-dry vacuum or a mop and bucket with DIY, we have professional-strength tools and EPA-registered cleaning agents for restoring your flood-damaged interior to preloss condition. This includes total moisture detection efforts to ensure no pockets of hidden moisture get left behind in the affected area.
Do you need emergency flood damage assistance? You can trust our trained team at SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County to get the job done right. Reach us by calling (845) 635-4550.
Click here for more information about Poughkeepsie.
Exterior Burning and Smoke Damage to Poughkeepsie Homes
SERVPRO helps Poughkeepsie property owners with their fire damage claims. We gladly try to expedite the claims process.
Structure fires can take a toll on neighboring properties as well, and our SERVPRO team can help with efficient cleaning and repairs
While we have become a leading fire restoration company for Poughkeepsie homes and businesses, we can also help structures indirectly damaged by a disaster. Often with the short distances between homes and businesses throughout the city, a blazing structure fire can have disastrous effects on adjacent properties that require the thorough fire restoration and repairs that our contractors and technicians offer. Nearby properties to a total loss structure fire can experience:
- Partial Combustion
- Soot/Smoke Residues
- Missing Exterior Materials
Regarding fire restoration for Poughkeepsie homes that suffer exterior damages, a combination of our general contractors and experienced fire damage technicians can make these situations "Like it never even happened." Controlled demolition is often necessary when siding, fascia board, and wood become damaged directly by the heat or spread of a fire. Brick and masonry can usually be cleaned with soda blasting, sandblasting, and other abrasive cleaning techniques.
Are Demolition and Reconstruction Necessary?
Reconstruction and repairs sound expensive and costly, but these needed actions can often get covered by your home insurance policy. Determining what steps and approaches are necessary to restore and recover exterior damages to your home is a combination of efforts by our project manager assessing and estimating the work, the insurance adjuster preparing a claim, and the homeowner. Our fast response to this situation can often prevent the spread of soot particles and smoke odors into the structure.
Exterior damages are more common than many homeowners might believe. We can help you to repair siding and masonry outside walls with efficient cleaning and controlled demolition. Give our SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County team a call anytime disasters strike at (845) 635-4550.
My Poughkeepsie Home Has Flooded – Can A Professional Water Restoration Company Help?
Contact SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County at (845) 635-4550 for professional flood damage service.
SERVPRO Has Experienced Technicians Able to Handle Flood Damage to Your Home
Poughkeepsie sits along the beautiful Hudson River and was once a major whale rendering location. With such a lovely place comes the risk of annual flooding. Flood damage in Poughkeepsie should be handled by professionals who train to deal with biohazards that can occur.
Why are Biohazards a Concern?
Any time you have floodwaters from storm flooding, it is considered black water. Three types of water can cause flood damage in Poughkeepsie – clean, grey, and black. The first two come from water damage from a burst pipe or dishwasher overflowing. If left unattended, they turn to blackwater. But all water that flows through a home due to a storm is considered contaminated. It should never be entered without the proper PPE equipment. It becomes unhealthy due to any number of things in the water, such as:
• Pathogens and bacteria – tetanus, hepatitis, and other infectious diseases
• Dead animals and insects
• Dirt and debris swept up and carried along
• Chemicals from nearby factories
• Waste from hospitals in the vicinity
Because of the hazards, this poses to individuals you want a company like SERVPRO that has Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified technicians. They are trained in dealing with biohazards and knowing what to use to disinfect the area properly.
Why is Time of the Essence?
Our motto is We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. We understand the damage that can happen when water sits for any length of time. The health hazards increase, and secondary damage occurs very quickly. We start to work faster because we know that the sooner we get started, the sooner you are back in your home. Plus, we can protect your home's unaffected areas if early mitigation takes place.
Will Everything Be a Total Loss?
With flood damage, there may be more items that get discarded than in a water damage situation that involves clean or gray water. Carpeting and padding are not salvageable. Upholstered furniture and mattresses should be discarded, depending on the amount of water damage. Metal, plastic or solid wood furniture can be cleaned and restored. Any wooden kitchen items such as cutting boards, wooden spoons, or bowls should be discarded. Never attempt to salvage anything connected to a baby like bottles, nipples or pacifiers. Structural elements like walls get opened up so they can be disinfected, ventilated, and dried out. We do everything we possibly can do restore your home to preloss condition.
What Kind of Training Do Your Technicians Undergo?
SERVPRO prides itself on having the experience, training, and resources to take care of fire, water, and flood damage, whether residential or commercial. It's essential to know how a professional company trains its workers, and you should not hesitate to ask. Our techs undergo rigorous training that includes:
• IICRC Training – This institute sets the standard for the cleaning and restoration industries. Our technicians study the practices set forth by IICRC and receive their certification.
• Employee Certification Training – A voluntary program that our techs receive certification upon successful completion. It covers water and fire restoration, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and crew training.
• e-Learnings – on-going web-based training that assures our crews are current on industry standards.
• Continuing Education Classes – This further enhances the knowledge base of our teams. We strive to provide professional, quality flood damage service, and keeping up with the latest in our field allows us to do that.
Expedient, Professional Technicians are at Your Disposal
Water can quickly spread and become absorbed into everything from the walls to your furniture. Floodwaters are particularly hazardous. Catastrophes know no boundaries and do not keep business hours. SERVPRO does not maintain 9 – 5 hours either. We understand the Hudson River may not wait until noon to come flowing into your living room. We arrive on the scene as quickly as we possibly can. Sunday through Saturday and around the clock. We work holidays as well.
A Company You Can Trust
SERVPRO is a company you can trust with your home and your possessions. We live in Poughkeepsie, too, and understand the risk of flooding. The Hudson River is a beautiful thing that can turn uncontrollable fast. Flooding often means temporary displacement, and you need to focus on keeping your family together and calm. That's why we handle restoring your home. It takes time to recover from flood damage, but you can rest assured we will move along in a timely manner.
Contact SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County at (845) 635-4550 for professional flood damage service.
A Faulty Washing Machine Caused Water Damage in My Poughkeepsie Property. How Do I Restore the Affected Areas?
Let our professional team of SERVPRO technicians help with your Poughkeepsie water damage.
Hire a Restoration Firm in Poughkeepsie to Perform Water Removal in Your Property.
When you notice water seeping into various surfaces in your Poughkeepsie home after your washing machine leaks, do not waste time. Contact professional restorers from a reputed company like SERVPRO immediately to avoid costly repairs and health issues. Our technicians can help you to save salvageable items and restore your property to its pre-damaged state.
Why is it necessary to seek professional help?
The professionals who provide water removal services in Poughkeepsie have gone through extensive training to handle water damage of any magnitude. Our restorers use high-tech equipment and tools, special and approved techniques to remove water and dry affected areas. Our experienced workforce can solve your dilemma professionally and in the shortest time possible.
What does water damage restoration involve?
Over the years, we have been in business, we have restored thousands of properties to their pre-damage condition with success. Depending on the severity of the water loss incident in your home, our restoration process may involve the following:
- Thorough inspection
- Water extraction
- Drying and dehumidification
- Rebuilding affected areas
How do you identify where the water went?
During the restoration process, we use our advanced equipment to leave no detail behind. Our technicians can use penetrating moisture meters to get the exact moisture readings in porous surfaces such as carpet and pad.
We also take moisture and humidity readings regularly during the restoration process using equipment such as thermal imaging cameras, and moisture sensors to get a clear picture of the effectiveness of our drying process. If we suspect water seeped in cavities that can be costly to repair if we demolish them, we can use borescopes to check for contamination.
How do you dry porous surfaces?
SERVPRO technicians can use various drying dehumidifying procedures depending on the severity of the water intrusion. We use air moving equipment to increase air circulation in a home. This equipment helps increase the rate of evaporation in the affected areas. Our team can then use a low grain refrigerant dehumidifier to dry your home. The machine lowers the moisture levels in the air and surfaces of the affected property to the lowest level possible. It can take a few days to restore your property after water damage.
Even a slight amount of water can cause significant damage to your house. Call SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County at (845) 635-4550 for prompt water removal services. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Where Do I Start with Fire Cleanup in My Production Facility in Poughkeepsie?
Once you have a surprise fire loss and need help cleaning it up, you can count on our crew at SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County to be there.
SERVPRO Knows How to Handle Fire Damage Restoration, and Our Skilled Team Can Get Started on Your Poughkeepsie Business Right Away
If you have had a fire in your Poughkeepsie production facility and everyone made it out safe, the next logical step is tackling the cleanup. Hiring the experts in the field will ensure you have professional-grade restoration services so that your business never skips a beat. SERVPRO has all of the tools and methods that allow us to handle your cleanup and restoration quicker than the competition. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, and available for emergency service seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
How is Fire Cleanup Handled?
Besides being extremely dangerous, fire can also quickly destroy the interior of your production facility, machinery, paperwork, and office furniture. Having someone available to handle your fire damage restoration in Poughkeepsie helps ensure you are back on track sooner than DIY cleaning methods could ever do. Rapid response after you suffer from a fire loss is critical for several reasons:
• Smoke begins to penetrate the various cavities located throughout your building
• Soot residue and smoke particles may travel through your commercial HVAC system
• Water damage from extinguishing the flames can fester with every hour even after the fire is out
Why Should I Call SERVPRO?
Our team of trained technicians is concerned about the health of all of our customers. Safety is always a number one priority, and we know that you want to ensure your business sees minimal downtime. Once our crew arrives on-site, we will help you understand the fire damage present and the steps that we plan to take to protect your bottom line and to salvage whatever possible. We then get started with the initial cleanup of all charred debris and unsalvageable materials.
SERVPRO is your trusted ally when it comes to advising you on the process and solving any issues that may develop up during the restoration. We are here for:
• Ensuring all water and chemicals from extinguishing the fire gets cleaned up thoroughly
• We address any smoke and soot residue so that no odors linger or corrosion takes place
• Our team refinishes all areas of your commercial space to bring it back to preloss condition
Why is Fire Damage Too Complex for My Cleaning Crew?
Soot and smoke are elements that change the complexity of any fire event. Our team has training following standards set forth by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We handle all smoke damage repairs and work to eliminate any residual odors efficiently.
What many do not realize is that handling fire damage entails a lot more than merely cleaning up charred debris and waste. We also take the time to ensure all areas of your business are structurally safe and ready for the next phases of restoration.
Our Green Fleet is equipment with the latest tools and technology for:
• Tarping or Boarding-Up – We will take the time to board up any doors or windows and tarp off vital areas to secure and seal your business property.
• Water Removal and Drying – Our team vacuums or pumps out any standing water from extinguishing and fire, followed by professional drying and dehumidification techniques.
• Soot and Smoke Removal – All sticky soot residue and smoke particles get thoroughly removed from all materials and surfaces, with particular attention paid to equipment and your HVAC system.
• Sanitization and Deodorization – We meticulously disinfect and deodorize the affected areas to keep mold from developing and to prevent odors from lingering.
• Restoration and Rebuilding – We ensure the interior of your production facility, offices, and any areas impacted by the fire are brought to preloss condition “Like it never even happened.”
We Work to Save You Money
A fire loss can be trying for any business. However, our early mitigation means that we can help you to cut back on additional damages. We work to restore rather than replace whenever possible. Any of the restorable contents within your commercial building get thoroughly cleaned and then deodorized. We have the best equipment in the industry today to handle your fire damage restoration, including:
• Thermal Foggers – This equipment helps put out a dense, solvent-based fog that helps neutralize odor-causing particles.
• Ultra-Low Volume Foggers (ULV) – These work by atomizing deodorizing agents, which put out a fine mist to penetrate areas where odorous particles may have traveled.
Once you have a surprise fire loss and need help cleaning it up, you can count on our crew at SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County to be there. Call on us 24/7 for emergency fire damage restoration services, and we can have a team there in as little as four hours. We can be reached by calling (845) 635-4550.