Our Water Damage Professionals Will Save Your Hyde Park Residence
Get Effective Water Cleanup In Your Hyde Park Residence By Hiring Experienced Professionals
When water from a burst pipe, HVAC leak, or plumbing problem gets into unwanted places, it can cause significant destruction to your prized possessions and house. Restoring your Hyde Park residence after water damage can seem to be a challenging task. However, if you act quickly, you can reduce the damage and save some of your belongings. Dampness can cause mold growth, which can ruin furniture, carpets, walls, and flooring, among other items.
Mold can also cause health problems to the residents of a home. Therefore, after a water intrusion incident, you need effective water cleanup for your Hyde Park residence to prevent primary and secondary damage. You can start dealing with the issue by contacting your insurance firm and inform it about the actions you plan to take. The other steps you can take to deal with the incident include:
• Disconnecting the power, unplugging electronics, and removing free items like furniture and electronics from the affected areas to increase the chances of saving them.
• Removing the water using buckets, old towels, mops, or a wet/dry vacuum.
• Drying out the affected area using fans and a dehumidifier. It is also advisable to open windows to enhance air circulation and expedite drying.
• After the area is dry, including insulation, wood beams, and drywall, use disinfectants to eliminate any bacteria that may be present.
• Disposing of ruined items responsibly—You can organize the damaged items into piles and take what you can to a recycling center to ease the pressure on local landfill sites.
With water loss incidents, there is always more than what meets the eye. Floors can appear dry, but water could have penetrated and pooled beneath them. Capillary action can pull water behind cabinets into the wall cavities and drywall. The hidden water can cause microbial growth. It is therefore vital to call a restoration company like SERVPRO to ensure effective restoration of your property.
Saving time is vital when dealing with water damage. That’s why we are available around the clock throughout the year. Our trained team of technicians can arrive at your home one hour after receiving your call. We start by assessing the destruction to determine which water cleanup services are required. Our Water Damage Restoration Technicians (WRT) use advanced water extraction, drying, and monitoring equipment to perform water cleanup jobs.
We remove standing water using wet/dry vacuums and then set up air movers around the perimeter of the affected rooms at 45-degree angles, pointing towards the walls. Our SERVPRO technicians also place dehumidifiers in the affected areas to eliminate excess moisture from the air. Our technicians take moisture content readings of damp items and those of dry material in unaffected areas to create drying goals.
When your Poughkeepsie, Beekman or Red Hook residence has water damage, call SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County at (845) 635-4550 for effective cleanup services. We can dry your home using applied structural drying techniques to make the water intrusion incident seem, “Like it never even happened.”
For more about Hyde Park click here.